So far this has been a rather cold winter for most of the United States, with temperatures well below freezing and wind chills making it feel much colder. While the groundhog will let us know for sure in a few days, it's does not looking like it is warming up any time soon. As you likely know when the temperatures get this low it can become a problem to ship freeze-sensitive products such as N&V Expansion Liquid.
It is important to know that if you place an order for one of these products, or request a sample, it could possibly be delayed for a few days or even longer depending on the temperatures around the country. During the winter months we utilize protective packaging to make sure the product arrives to you without being damaged. However, when the temperatures are as consistently cold as they have been recently it is nearly impossible to safely ship freeze-sensitive products to you.
But never fear, if you find yourself in a situation where you are running low on material and need to get it quickly we want to help. So here are a few options that might help you get what you need, when you need it.
- If you are located in a warmer region of the country try to contact one of our authorized dealers located near you to see if they can safely ship to your laboratory.
- We have dealers all across the United States and if you are located near one it might be possible to pick up what you need at their facility. Some dealers also offer delivery service that allows them to safely transport the products to your lab even when the temperatures are low.
- Our warehouse is located in Central Ohio and if you are located nearby you can always pick up what you need from us. Just contact us to for details and we will make sure we've got your order ready to go.
- We sell our investments and expansion liquid separately, so if all you need is the powder you can order that and then order the liquid when it gets a little warmer.
- When the temperatures increase to an acceptable level we will be able to resume some shipments. Our protective packaging typically protects the shipment for one day of transit, so depending on where you are located it may be necessary to use an overnight shipping method.
- Once the temperatures are consistently above freezing we will be able to resume normal shipping.
If you have recently placed an order and want to know if it has been delayed, or you need help locating a dealer in your area please contact us with any questions.